Last week I decided to start something. I decided I wanted to sell 1000 things. Even if those things only sold for $1ea, it would mean $1,000 in my pocket and less stuff in my house. I have way too much stuff.
Last year or the year before I was part of a challenge on a forum, where a member decided to sell 1,000 things to help with spending money on their overseas holiday. I am no longer a member of that site so can’t find the link to the blog they had. They did pretty well and had a good time on their trip.
I have been looking around my home and I am sure I could come up with a fair amount of things to sell, as well as make things to sell etc. It didn’t have to be 1000 things you have right now. You just need to find a way to sell 1000 things.
I have 20 weeks left of my $40,000 challenge so decided what better time than now to do a 1000 things challenge. It will help de-clutter my home, clean out my garage and put money in my pocket.
Think about it. There are more ways to sell things than you probably think. It doesn’t need to be all your own things you sell, although that is a good starting point.
- You could host a garage sale, put things on Gum Tree or eBay, list them on Facebook. It doesn’t just have to be things you own, thought that is a great place to start.
- You could start doing party plan like Tupperware, Larissa Bright or Nutrimetics. Sell Avon or something at work or to family and friends.
- Write and sell an eBook
- Buy stuff to resell
- Make crafty things like cards, table cloths, aprons or anything else to use up your fabric stash
- Bake things to sell such as cookies, cakes and slices. You could try selling them to businesses as well as at markets.
When looking at places to sell you could
- Host the garage sale in your driveway, lawn or have an in house sale
- Sell at markets
- Sell on your own blog
- Create a for sale album on Facebook
- Gum tree, classifieds, eBay, quicksales, any site you can list and sell
- Sell on consignment through stores or directly to them (jewelry could be sold on consignment, whereas biscuits or cakes could be sold directly)
So what do you think you will do?
This is part of my $40,000 challenge for me, so I am really going to go for it! I already had a garage sale last week and have listed more things to sell online. From last week I am currently at 183 things for $822. Pretty happy with that so far!
Leave a comment if you are interested or email me and I will link to you here.