I am going to be self-publishing my book and have been looking into the options for that. I am pretty sure I have decided upon which company I will be using, but there are still so many decisions to make.
For example, the company I am looking at has a package I am considering, as it will take a lot of the work out of it for me. The package contains
- POD, print on demand, meaning I wont have copies of my book all over my house until they sell, they get printed when bought.
- has over 25,000 bookstores than can get my book to, including the US and UK
- Will do the cover design etc... for me
- Will distribute through Amazon and 1,000 other online stores
- ISBN etc...
- 2 copies for the national library
- Publicity, press release etc...
- Google search
It’s about $2,000 and doing this package would mean I would make a very small profit from my book, which is ok, as it is distributed further than I can.
Getting them printed and advertising etc... myself is cheaper, but I can’t do the international market like they can, and it is much easier to let them.
I am still going to get some copies printed and do it myself so I can see what is really working for me.
I still have a way to go on my book and the deadline is getting closer and closer!
As such my list for this week is...
1.) I am going to investigate photographers, as I want colour pictures in my book, and this is not something I can do well.
2.) I have about 10 more recipes to “play around” with, so will be doing them this week as well.
3.) I will finish typing all my recipes so I can play around with the lay out.